Pinterest Code

Raku firings - #2 Raku Firing BOMB! 2022

This is today's 2nd raku firing BOMB! It was my second raku firing in the electric kiln that I refurbished into a raku kiln. the Minnie Mouse piece below did not make it through the bisque firing I think because she only dried for a day. It may have been because I fired the kiln too fast as well, I got it up to about 1800 degrees in less than an hour. 







I did get one dragon plate that turned out very nice :) So I will be glazing this and firing it tomorrow. 


This is today's carving and ceramic tattooing in a time lapse video I created. It was my second raku firing in the electric kiln that I refurbished into a raku kiln that fires using propane. 

This is a new box frame I am going to be installing my plates and wall hangings in. I glued some lights inside the frame to light it up at night, should look pretty awesome. 


These are just still pictures of the designs I tattooed and Craved today.




I tried a new method of putting some food coloring on the slip that I painted on prior to carving so that you guys could see the carving better in the time lapse videos. The problem was it made it really hard to see the outline when I traced it out. I may need to play with this some more... 







If anyone has a suggestion on how they fire with Raku PLEASE don't hesitate to comment on this blog and let me know your thoughts, Thanks Matt

Connect with me online!

Facebook Page:  Ceramic Tattoo Art by Matthew S. Kennedy

Etsy Shop

 Coloring is Cool 

My Amazon Coloring Book

Facebook Group – Coloring for Balance

Blog:  "Color for Balance"

 Social 

Tic Tok

Instagram

Youtube

Twitter

LinkedIN

Pinterest

Blogger Blog:  Handmade Custom Art Urns

Blogger Blog:  Ceramic Tattoo Art

 Websites

www.ceramictattooart.com

www.custommilitaryurns.com

 If you would like to purchase any of my art urns, you can also commission a custom order in other colors, shapes, sizes, etc.

Call Matt:  (805)-975-7521 or e-mail:  tootallspottery@gmail.com

 THANK YOU for following this BLOG!!  

Comments

Allison said…
Yay. Looks awesome. How did the lighted frames turn out?