Pinterest Code

Being on the system...


Being on the system sucks for one reason - You don't know for sure when or if you will get paid the next time... Just called into Temp. Disability this morning and I was told that they are taking me off of the auto payment schedule and sending me some forms to fill out to start my claim over again. Ya, this bullshit of "starting your claim over again" is what the govenrmnet puts in place to try and get people off the system. I understand a bit that they can't make it to easy but how the fuck am I going to budget or pay the rent and keep from the street if they keep starting the fucken claim over and delaying payments for sometimes months at a time? They did this to me in Dec of 2010 and that is was put me to the street. Congress was voting on some shit and just stopped the EDD payments for a couple months for about 1/2 of the state of California. I am grateful for the payments and the help don't get me wrong. I do also know that a lot of people take advantage of the system - I have to some extent. I took advantage of it to start my own business. I am taking advantage of it right now to take my Real Estate Lic. to try and get some work. I will also try and look for some work too. I guess that is their point right. I will do the footwork and leave the results up to God. I am kinda glad that they don't make it to easy. 

I am a republican at heart but have turned Indepandent in the last few years. I believe in a free system but we have fucked it up so much by our greed that we are in this position right now. I can't say for sure that I would have not been greedy too and hired the mexican labor or opened up a shop in China. That is what FREE Enterprise is all about, the FREEDOM to choose what and where to do business and how much money you can earn. I also know and have been on the other side of the coin recently and seen the plight of the homeless and the results that have come from our greed. I guess the Country was born on greed taking the land from the Indians.. We kept taking and I think the penjalum is turning and China is going to start "taking" our shit... 

I love my Country and I sure don't ever want to be one of those loosers just sucking off of everyone else. It makes you feel that way. I am trying to get on full disability because of my hips and the 13 surgeries I have had. I am in a spot that a lot of Americans are finding themselves in with the current downturn of the economy. I know I am not alone and that gives me some peace. I want to do my part to try and make a difference.. It feels good to be inspired..

I am not sure to be honest if I am totally 100% for the "Occupy Wallstreet movement". I do think this video is interesting and I do think it is going to be a huge movement because we are in a BAD state right now. The news is not covering the "Middle Class Homeless" situation as I see it - Hence the California Homeless Resources part of my website.  We are going to have a SEROUS problem and a LARGE influx of Homeless coming on the street every day.

Comments