Pinterest Code

Another Tribal Piece...

Today I carved this tribal piece below. I was swimming this morning and got some inspiration to make tribal inspired tattoo wall hangings with more color than I have used before. I was at Barnes and Noble in Ventura the other night and closed the place down.. I love book stores and they closed the one here in Goleta. They give me so much inspiration and great ideas..Ventura is not to far away. They had a lot of very cool tattoo books. I was looking at the color chart and this color book that was designed to give artists choices of color and hues of color for different moods. I want my current body of work to express "Activity". So I will be using a lot of hot colors and colors that have some action to them. Should be very cool. I should be able to start and carve at least one or two a day. They take an hour or so spending on the complexity of the design.

Should have the new little kiln up and running soon, I have to order some what they call "elements" they are the metal wires that heat the kiln up to about 2,200 degrees. Of course they are like $80.00 a piece... 

I have also been reading this book called "How to survive and prosper as an artist - Selling yourself without selling your soul". Very good book and I highly recommend it for the artist that is re-inventing themselves (Like me) or just staring out. The AA Meting today was on "Fear" and I totally related to it. I have had a fear of success with my business and art in general. It tends to paralyze me and I end up making excuses of why I can;t do it right now, etc... I am not going to make that same mistake this time around and am going to make the art the star and do it EVERY DAY! It is hard to balance the biz side of art and the creation of art for me. I am working on achieving balance in all the four areas of life right now - Spiritual, emotional, financial, and physical. It is really hard for me to have balance but I am getting slowly but surely.. I am going to put more of my work in print and get out to galleries this time around. I am finally going to have the $$$ to get my work out there this time and I am so fucken happy about that! :) :) :)

Went down town and found out that I will be jurrying my work for the Santa Barbara art show so I should be able to start around Oct. 16th. 










Comments