Pinterest Code

Give to Live Book - Social Networking - TooTall's Pottery

I have been reading my book that I got off the shelf and dusted off called "Give to Live". It is a great book on giving and reminds me how important it is to give and I want TooTall's Pottery to be a powerfully giving business so I was getting some ideas on how to give more and give more efficient really. I am a selfish person and think most of us are to some degree and it is so important for me personally to try and practice being giving. It is not natural for this guy to give but it can be and I want the kind of person and business that I am trying to build to be a powerful giving force in this world. The only thing that we will really be remembered for is not how much we have in the bank or how great we are but how giving we were and how much we loved. (not that I don't want an extreme amount of money)!


Social Networking is becoming the norm on the Internet and I have been included in the masses that have been playing with it - via this blog and other social media I have been involved with over the last couple years. The excerpt for the book below is kind of how I think of my business and how I am trying to build something that really has not been there before. It is hard to do something that no one has done before and trying to get your thoughts out into the world. I am reminded of the Saint Frances Prayer that I read every day that says:  
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;


to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
I have to give without expectations and that is not easy either and something I am practicing.

I will write a brief excerpt from the give to live book that touched me below:


Start your own community. It won't be easy. You will be scared. You will often feel like you do not know what you are doing. You will have a problem persuading people to join you. Many initially won't want to make the commitment.... Once you get started it will be frustrating.  But hang in there. Push forward into emptiness. It will be painful... Don't stop halfway. It may seem like dying but push on. And then suddenly you will find yourself in the clean air of the mountaintop and you will be laughing and crying and feeling more alive than you've ever been. 


So start community. Don't be afraid to fail... True community is always, among other things, an adventure... And you will be able to share not only your fear but your talents and strengths. Out of the strength of your community you will be able to do things you never thought you were capable of. 



Sammy Hagar videoclip "Give to live"






Lenny Kravitz - Let Love Rule





Comments