Pinterest Code

Living your DREAMS and GOALS- No matter what...

We have a saying in AA that says something to the effect of  - "willing to go to ANY lengths to stay sober".  I am willing to go to ANY lengths to keep my dream alive and well.  I dream of making art urns for wonderful people out there that are hurting and maybe just maybe my art can help them find comfort or closure in some way.  Staying true to yourself is not for the week hearted. It takes guts and something that you can only find from within.  Just like willing to go to any lengths to stay sober I have to be willing to put it all on the line for my art and my dream of doing this thing full time. It is something that has to be done, not maybe or man I hope this turns out for me.  This HAS to be done for me to live true to myself.  It is time and I believe and have faith that God will come up with a powerful "God Shot" to help me keep this alive as long as I work for it. We had a talk tonight and I totally know everything is going to be good...  He did not put me here to fail and I need to give my art to the world. God has blessed me not with natural talent but the internal fortitude to keep going at ANY length to get what I want.  I got a letter from, a gal that I sent an urn to - She wrote me the nicest, sweetest letter I could have ever imagined and that is why I make my art urns for people and have this incredible passion for it.
There can be a connection like no other and I am so blessed to have the opportunity to give this part of my soul and get such love back in my life. My wish for everyone reading this is that you can find this special desire deep in your soul, deep in your innermost being the passion that can change your life forever whatever that may be for you.  Something that you can say if I die trying that is good enough, but I will die trying. My pottery is my soul and my child if you will, it is what centers me more than anything else in this world. When I can dance with clay it is like no other feeling on earth. Making love with your soul mate and someone you can completely trust is first of course, then dancing with clay for me... I have recently added something to my website that is truly my mission statement for TooTall's Pottery:

To have a powerful, giving business that
brings COMFORT to the people we serve
offering them the most unique hand
crafted "art urns" on the market today.


I have the honor and privilege of doing the Dragon urn I recently completed for a dear friend of mine for my potential business partner. His loved one's 26 year old son has passed away suddenly and he said that he wanted to get a dragon tattoo on his arm.  This means a lot to me because I can see so clearly what God had planned for me this week. I was meant to show that picture of the dragon urn to them and they needed it and it will be a comfort to this person. It is a responsibility that keeps me trying to live the right life, to truly do Gods will at all costs.  

The Promises:
If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others. That feeling of uselessness and self pity will disappear. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows. Self-seeking will slip away. Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.

Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us—sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them.
 
Peace and blessing to you all - TooTall


Comments