Pinterest Code

Think and Grow Rich and AA - My dirty little secret...

I have a dirty little secret, I like to read my goals in the shower.  I just find that water is so healing for me and relaxing.  I am 6 foot 8" and I can't really fit in the tub but I love to lay down and kick my feet up and lay in the shower.  I find it is a great way to wake up in the morning!  Anyway, I wanted to share my goals and prayers that I read every morning here:

The Sixteen Principles of Personal Achievement
What new thing can I learn today?
·       The master mind alliance
·       A Definite chief aim
·       Self Control
·       The habit of saving
·       Initiative and leadership
·       Imagination
·       Enthusiasm
·       Self Control
·       The habit of doing more than paid for
·       A pleasing personality
·       Accurate thinking
·       Concentration
·       Cooperation
·       Profiting by failure
·       Tolerance
·       The golden rule
Cosmic Habit force– It is the natural habit of the human mind to try and make whatever thought you hold in your mind come true in reality.


Definite Chief Aim
Happy, Joyas and FREE!
Priorities:   Sobriety, Family, Business/Art
June 28 th to September 30 th

My Definite Chief Aim is:  To own and operate TooTall’s Pottery and be self supporting by no later than September 30th 2010. I want to own my own home here in Goleta with Jeannie and have a child.   I will create financial security through TooTall’s Pottery to enable us both to feel Happy Joyas and Free!

In order to accomplish this I will work every day on TooTall’s Pottery, keeping myself in great physical, spiritual and mental/emotional shape as to be able to listen for the guidance and inspiration that God will give to me.   This will give me clarity of mind body and spirit to get the answers as I need them. I will keep the fire of desire burning by continually reading books that inspire me.   I will keep in perfect harmony the Master Mind alliance that I have started in the physical and mental form to help me attain my definite chief aim.   I will remember my Priorities:   Sobriety, Family, Business/Art.

I will make it part of my daily routine to ATTRACT to me the type of people who have a sense of excellence about their work and who want to excel.   In return for their help I will give each person the full benefit of my years of experience.   By helping others, I will benefit by attracting good people to work with and for me.

At the end of the first year of business (July 7 th 2011), I will have the bike paid off and a van paid for giving me the means to make money from art shows and advance the business while continuing to pay down the credit card.


Goals and Objectives
My first Goal:  To find a place to do my art.   1. Here at the apartment I hope and pray 2. Find a local Funeral Home/other artist that will sponsor me and give me space to be free to do my art.   3. A place to bring the art to fire.

My second Goal:   To make product for the show and to be accepted on July 13 th. I want to go to the show on Sunday the 18 th and start making money to buy a van to be self supporting.

My third Goal:  To make the website “High End” with themes to sell the idea to Funeral Homes.   Have personal consultation for $1,500.00 minimum. I will then put together a nice color brochure and 2 pieces of art to take with me to local funeral homes.   I will then obtain a directory of funeral homes and e-mail them all this option to offer to their families.

My fourth Goal:  To continue to put the magnifying glass on the Social Media platform to expand and grow the business.   I will find POWERFUL people that have large followers to build relationships/links with.  


_________________________
Signature

Prayer of Saint Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon:
where there is doubt, faith ;
where there is despair, hope
where there is darkness, light
where there is sadness, joy

O divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.

Amen.

 
Third Step Prayer
God, I offer myself to Thee — to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of life. May I do Thy will always! Amen

The Seventh Step Prayer
from page76of the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
My Creator,
I am now willing that you should have all of me,
good and bad.
I pray that you now remove from me
every single defect of character which stands in the way
of my usefulness to you and my fellows.
Grant me strength, as I go out from here,
to do your bidding.
Amen
"Faith without works is dead."


Eleventh Step Prayer
Lord, make me a channel of thy peace--that where there is hatred, I may bring love--that where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness--that where there is discord, I may bring harmony--that where there is error, I may bring truth--that where there is doubt, I may bring faith--that where there is despair, I may bring hope--that where there are shadows, I may bring light--that where there is sadness, I may bring joy.  Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort than to be comforted--to understand, than to be understood--to love, than to be loved.  For it is by self-forgetting that one finds.  It is by forgiving that one is forgiven.  It is by dying that one awakens to eternal life.
Amen
Matthew S. Kennedy, Ceramic Artist Cell: 562-760-7955
www.tootallspottery.com Bookmark and Share Subscribe in a reader

Comments