Pinterest Code

Mel's Lounge is Back

Mel's Lounge is Back
updated: Aug 26, 2010, 4:36 PM
By Michele A. Lipman
I happen to be walking on Carrillo towards State St, when passing 209 W. Carrillo, across from the donut shop, corner of Carrillo & De La Vina, I noticed the name on the door of the new tenant said "Mel's Lounge". I had to go in for a closer look and sure enough, my eyes did not deceive me. Mel's Cocktails that vacated the Paseo Nuevo is getting ready to open Sept 2 with all new digs, and the new name of "Mel's Lounge"
I peered through the huge dark glass windows and saw workers inside getting the place ready to open soon. The owner for the past 6 yrs, Mike Knapp, opened the door and invited me in to take a look around. The place looks very inviting, with lots of warm colors, wood floors, fabulous tall and short tables, beautiful stunning eye-catching bar with stained glass back drop, and lots of other interesting touches to make the place feel very comfortable. Mike tells me that there are many great changes in store for the patrons, such as multiple big-screen TV's, pool table, wide assortment of appetizers and music. I'm sure all the "old" regulars will be pleased to hang at Mel's again, along with the newbies that find this hidden treasure. Can't wait.

Comments