Why Men give three word questions on dating sites...

I was recently asked by a friend of mine why Men give "three word questions" on dating sites...

This question triggered a thought about my recent situation with my ex that I am still working through so maybe writing it out may be of some use. As some of you know I have been homeless for 6 months recently and a large part of the reason is the economy/my ex/my business gamble, etc... So, this is my man point of view... 

Let me preface this blog in stating this is just my own opinion and I love woman and want them to have all the rights and everything a man does in life. I love our woman, I am commenting on my own  feelings of a 40 year old guy in his prime that can't find a job in the current economy. A guy living in 2012 that is single, trying to date and trying to have a "normal life" or the "American Dream" like I witnessed when I was young. As you can see I have been watching way to many dark Society Documentaries and have way to much time on my hands so take it for what it is worth haha. Woman out there feel free to comment till your hearts content.. ;)

I know some of you will say he is just feeling sorry for himself - Get off the cross we need the wood... Whatever, I don't give a shit. I was raised Mormon and in my own opinion it is a bit on the other side of respecting woman's rights... I won;t get into Mormanism but I don't go that far and actually this one of the reasons why I quit going, but do respect a WHOLE LOT of the Mormon religion and its members. I am not saying anything bad about Mormans in fact I think they are better people than most of society.. They have excellent values and morals and I like to think that I kept a lot of the teachings close to my heart and I am eternally grateful for my Grandfather being an active member all my life.

Well, I am a guy so lets see.... WERE DIFFERENT! Woman like to talk, gather, take care of the village in a DIFFERENT way then men do (or have). That is why (in my opinion) families/society are so fucked up right now. We are fighting over the pants... ;)

Our roles are to much the same now and you can't just change thousands of years over night. I also think it has a direct impact on the current economy. Big biz started to exploit woman labor a few years ago, this is a fact. Men with lots of money and power saw that they could get a cheaper workforce and our greed as men has a large part of the problem if not the whole part. I will accept that responsibility as a man. Now we have all our products in China and we have our woman working and earning the bread, and less of it... 


The pendulum has swung way to far to one side. This is the point of this blog - Men and woman have really an equal responsibility in creating the current condition in our society. It always takes two to tango and always will. 


We have created an environment that is not conducive to having a "normal family life" What I mean is that when I observe families with kids in teens, 20's - 30's or 40's I think to myself as a man - Why the fuck would I want that?  I see woman on TV and have experienced woman in person saying things like:  Ya I just need a sperm doner and I am going to be a single Mom, or I don't want to get married like my parents, or going to the other extreme and saying ya I can do it, I can have it all. etc... 


It is ALMOST impossible in my opinion and be truly happy or have both parties happy and fullfilled right now. I hate to be so pesimistic about it but this is the way I see it right now. If there is a woman/man out there that has done it successfully and is still married and happy after a considerable amount of time please comment on this blog.  Two people working, two kids, mortgage, two cars, saving for retirement, etc... You have to have the whole ball of shit no half assers... 


From a mans point of view (mine) we like to be "the man" the hunter. We like hunting and providing for our families that is the whole point of having one right? It strokes our ego and we NEED that we are men. As a man in his 40's living right now with knowing for sure that when I do get my next job that I will sure as hell not be able to keep it for very long. Why would I want to take on the responsibility of trying to take care or "Hunt" for a family when I know for a fact the woman will have to pick up the slack at some point in the relationship and that I will feel emasculated. 


This has been my experience. I work, make good money for a while, get laid off and then when the unemployment gets close to running out the woman wants out before I make money again. Woman (I choose) can't seem to stick it out through the rough times anymore? Why? Because they don't have to.  Again the pendulum has swung way to far to one side. Do I think woman should have to depend on a man 100% - NO. I think they should have rights and there own life if that's what they want. I just think society as a whole is really extreme right now and going through some major growing pains. 


I do feel sorry for myself and others right now male and female that have to try and navigate through this shit and deal with it to be totally honest. I am not prepared to and obviously I am not the only person. I don't care for my generation very much cuz I have not succeeded and really don't know how to in the current environment.


I have physical needs and wants like everyone to have the "American Dream" but I believe we as a society are figuring out what that dream is going to look like still. I am afraid actually that I won't have any dream at all and that my time will be passed by. That is what I am feeling. I am feeling angry at the way society is right now. I feel like my generation kind of got the short end of the stick in a large way. I will always be a man God dammit. 


I thought of this song when I was writing this blog and it fits perfect. Woman want a man but they want there cake and eat it to. You have to give somewhere...
Me ;)




Comments