Pinterest Code

‘Idol’ Castoff Chris Medina Releases Debut


Illinois native Chris Medina was eliminated last night on American Idol. For many, it came as a complete shock. The singer’s dynamic vocals and incredible stage presence made him stand out among the other contestants, leading many to speculate that he would make the Top 24. However, his journey was cut short when Idol judges revealed to him that he did not make it through to the next round.
Medina, although no longer a contestant in the running for American Idol, has redefined what it truly means to be a man to entire country. His love and dedication to his wife, Julie, is something that is truly inspiring. As he promised before leaving the Idol set, “Now I’m going to go home and keep writing music. Take care of my wife. Make a miracle happen.”
Wasting no time, Medina has released his debut single “What Are Words” along with a music video from inside the recording studio with celebrated producer Rodney Jerkins, the man behind Lady Gaga’s “Telephone” and numerous Destiny’s Child hits. Click here to download the song on iTunes!
To donate to Chris’ wife Julie and help defray some of their medical costs, visit the Laurus Foundation.
“What Are Words”
Anywhere you are I am near. Anywhere you go I’ll be there.me you whisper my name. You’ll see.
Every single promise I’ll keep, cause what kind of guy would I be
if I was to leave when you need me most?
What are words if you really don’t mean them when you say them?
What are words if they’re only for good times then they don’t?
When it’s love Yea you say them out loud.
Those words, They never go away.
They live on even when we’re gone.
And I know an angel was sent just for me and I know I’m meant to be where I am
And I’m gonna be standing right beside her tonight and I’m gonna be by your side
I would never leave when she needs me most
What are words if you really don’t mean them when you say them?
What are words if they’re only for good times then they don’t
When it’s love Yea you say them out loud
Those words, They never go away
They live on even when we’re gone
Anywhere you are I am near. Anywhere you go I’ll be there.
Anytime you whisper my name. You’ll see.
Every single promise I’ll keep, cause what kind of guy would I be
if I was to leave when you need me most?
I’m forever keeping my angel close.


Comments